Join or Form a Local Rural End the Epidemic Network in Your Area
End the Epidemic LA is a non-partisan joint outreach initiative from the Louisiana Rural Ambulance Alliance and the Office of the Attorney General that began in 2016 with a goal to reduce morbidity and mortality associated with opioid overdoses in communities, with a particular focus on rural-designated parishes in Louisiana.
What We Do
ETE supports local communities’ efforts by engaging, educating, and connecting stakeholders in ways that allow them to unify their efforts and form active networks across industries to respond to the issues related to opioid addiction in their communities. By joining an End the Epidemic LA network in your area, you can:
- Build relationships and network with other professionals from a variety of fields that work to end the opioid epidemic.
- Receive funding support for targeted initiatives that address the unique needs of local rural communities.
- Share and devise solutions and resources that can help your work.
- Take part in professional development to enhance your understanding of opioid abuse, stigma, mental health, and other relevant topics.
Who You Are
- Community Leaders
- Law enforcement representatives
- Addiction services professionals
- Mental health practitioners
- Medical or emergency personnel
- Family caretakers
- Educators and administrators
- Religious leaders
- Other engaged stakeholders in rural communities
How to Join
To join/start an End the Epidemic LA network in your area or work with ETELA as an existing group, submit an interest form here, or contact Program Coordinator Shane Bellard at email@example.com if you have questions or concerns. To view our online list of resources, visit www.EndtheEpidemicLA.org and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at @EndtheEpidemicLA! If you would like to share this opportunity with other contacts in your area, you can obtain a downloadable flyer here.